Friday, April 19, 2013

Nominations for 2013 Ceil Silver Ambassador is ON!


Southwest Fox organizers has recently informed me that this year's nomination from the VFP community for the 2013 Ceil Silver Ambassador recipient is ON!  So if you think of someone deserving to be selected as this year's ambassador to the event, please email their name and a brief list of their contributions to the VFP community to ambassadorfund@swfox.net. Names must be submitted no later than May 31, 2013.

The Ambassador selection committee consists of Southwest Fox organizers Rick Schummer, Tamar Granor, and Doug Hennig, former Ambassadors Emerson Santon Reed, Cesar Chalom, Bernard Bout, Borislav Borissov, and Jun Tangunan, and VFP community members Christof Wollenhaupt and Rick Bean.

What is Ceil Silver Ambassador Fund?

The Ceil Silver Ambassador Fund brings a Visual FoxPro developer to the Southwest Fox conference as an ambassador for the developers in his or her country. This gives the recipient the opportunity to meet and share experiences with developers attending Southwest Fox and gives other attendees the opportunity to learn about VFP development in the recipient's country. The trip is paid for by the VFP community’s donations to the Fund.



Donations:

Your donations will allow us to pay for the travel costs for the ambassador. We urge you to consider donating any amount you see fit, small or large, to this fund. See http://www.swfox.net/ambassador.aspx for details. 100% of donated money goes to the travel costs for the ambassador. Not a single penny is used to cover administrative costs. All time managing the fund and working through the selection process is donated. No one is paid for their time.

On a Personal Note:

Like I said last time, I am very surprised at the cost spent when I was brought to last year's SouthWest Fox and I would like to thank again here everyone who made that possible.    So I would just like to impart here that your nominations and/or donations will be of great service to whoever will be selected as this year's Ceil Silver Ambassador.  Selection would be very tough considering there are tons of contributors who deserves this slot.  So right now, I am already giving my heartfelt congratulation to the future Ambassador!

If you want to learn further about the event, please read my personal experiences in SouthWest Fox Through My Eyes! post.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jun! Because of the great time I had getting to know you, I just donated to the ambassador fund. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Likewise here my friend, I have great time with your company in Phoenix. That is awesome, thank you very much Dan!

    ReplyDelete